Acceptable Use Policy
Everything is better when people are nice to each other and keep on the right side of the rules. Please read this acceptable use policy so you know what that looks like for us. Thank you.
How you use the site
- You must not use the site in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use the site in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the site or impair availability or accessibility of the site.
- The site is for freelancers and client organizations to connect, so outside of that purpose you must not use it for any advertising or promoting anything else, or use it to send, or allow anyone else to send, spam.
How you interact with other people
- Always remember that the Buzzzy community is made up of people, so please remember to be polite and professional - this Acceptable Use Policy applies to your interactions virtually or in person, just as much as it does when using our site.
- You must not use the site for the purpose of deliberately upsetting or offending others.
- Content must not be liable to deliberately cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to others (and if your portfolio contains material that might do this, please include a notice to warn).
- You must not use the site to send any hostile communication or any communication intended to insult, including such communications directed at a particular person or group of people.
Content you upload onto the site
- Content must be appropriate, civil and tasteful, and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behavior on the polite parts of the internet (yes, the polite parts).
- Content must not be untrue, offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
- Content and your use of it must not break laws or contracts, for example: (i) be libellous or maliciously false; (ii) be obscene or indecent; (iii) infringe any intellectual property rights; (iv) infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection laws; (v) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement; (vi) constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity; (vii) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order; (viii) constitute a breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation; (ix) constitute a breach of official secrets legislation; or (x) constitute a breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person (for example, a non-compete or exclusivity obligation).
- If you know or suspect that content may have been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint, please act with caution and do not upload it unless you’re sure you have the rights to do so.
Reasons for Suspension
- We receive reports or information that require immediate review for legal or safety reasons
- We conclude that a user has engaged in unlawful or fraudulent behavior
- Unsolicited contact was made for their own purposes outside of Buzzzy’s platform. This contact can be to solicit circumvention or for another reason.
- Transfer or sell your User account, password and/or identification, or any other User's Information to any other party.
- Discriminate against or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation.
- Post, email or otherwise transmit any malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of the Buzzzy Platform or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Buzzzy Platform.
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Buzzzy Platform, without our prior written authorization or use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to us in order to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Buzzzy Platform.
You acknowledge that we may actively monitor the content and the use of the site.